Preparing for an Interview
|“All of our instructors are very in tune with us and are right beside us on this journey.”
-Mai Nguyen, Russellville, AR
It is extremely important that you spend time and prepare for the interview. You should never walk into an interview unprepared because the interview committee can easily detect this.
- Do research about the physician assistant profession, PA education, current issues happening regarding the PA profession or health care, and the school in which you are applying.
- Dress professionally.
- Be yourself. Let the interviewers get to know you as an individual.
- Don’t just be on time, be early.
- Know where you are going ahead of time. Know exactly where the interview is located.
- Ask questions about the program. This is your opportunity to determine if this is the PA program which you would like to attend. If you are provided a chance to meet the current PA students enrolled in the program, take advantage of this and ask a lot of questions. The students are a great indication of the culture of the program.